Leisure Options is committed to sustainable tourism and business practices that deliver positive economic, social and environmental outcomes for travellers, the local community and the environment.
We use an accessibility checklist that includes an environmental commitment when assessing accommodation, transport and activities for our tours and we align with the environmental plans or initiatives of the businesses and destinations that we visit.
We have redesigned our Anglesea accommodation to be energy efficient and environmentally sensitive through various initiatives including solar power, water minimisation and native landscaping.
At other locations we choose to:
- pay carbon offset on 100% of flights
- adhere to the water use guidelines of businesses and destinations we visit
- use recycled materials for 80% of art and craft projects when on tour
- encourage use of refillable water bottles and reusable shopping bags
- support local shops, restaurants and businesses
- encourage travellers to pack light to reduce weight
- inform our travellers how they can support our commitment to the environment
Sustainable business practices
We have recently engaged the Victorian Employers' Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VECCI) to provide us with a Sustainability Assessment Report (May 2014) and modified our practices to comply, including:
- reducing our carbon footprint by using 100% green power at both our Port Melbourne office and Anglesea property. Solar energy is also utilised at our Anglesea holiday accommodation
- using water efficient appliances and fittings and sending less waste to landfill
- reducing paper purchases by 5% through improved electronic communications and recycling of manuals between holidays
- completed the Grow Me the Money program
- maintaining Better Business accreditation status
- informing and engaging staff to undertake environmental best practice training and to modify behaviour
- updating our Green Manual annually
- subscribing to environmental newsletters for up-to-date tips
- partnering with environmentally friendly suppliers
- including a visible commitment to sustainability on our website, our office signage and our e-newsletter.
Accessibility and diversity
Our Port Melbourne office is centrally located and wheelchair accessible. Leisure Options has two 12-seater commuter buses, one of which has been refitted for wheelchair accessibility.
Leisure Options is also committed to making the content of our website accessible and easy to use for all travellers, regardless of capability. We have therefore built our website to adhere to best practice by following W3C standards, allowing you and users of all capabilities to access our site. We strive to conform to the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and to comply with Level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, Version 2.0.
We are continually working to improve the quality and accessibility of our website. While every effort has been made to ensure that it is accessible to the widest number of users, if you experience any problems or have any questions regarding the accessibility of the this website, please don't hesitate to contact us.