Leisure Options is committed to sustainable tourism and business practices that deliver positive economic, social, and environmental outcomes for travellers, the local community, and the environment.
We use an accessibility checklist that includes an environmental commitment when assessing accommodation, transport, and activities for our tours and we align with the environmental plans or initiatives of the businesses and destinations that we visit.
We have redesigned our Anglesea accommodation to be energy efficient and environmentally sensitive through various initiatives including solar power, water minimisation, and native landscaping.
At other locations we choose to:
- Pay carbon offset on all flights
- Adhere to the water use guidelines of businesses and destinations we visit
- Use recycled materials for 80% of art and craft projects when on tour
- Encourage the use of refillable water bottles and reusable shopping bags
- Support local shops, restaurants, and businesses
- Encourage travellers to pack light to reduce weight
- Inform our travellers how they can support our commitment to the environment
Sustainable business practices
We work with the Victorian Employers’ Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VECCI) to embed sustainability into everyday practices. Business modifications to meet sustainability challenges include:
- Reducing our carbon footprint by using 100% green power at both our Port Melbourne office and Anglesea property. Solar energy is also utilised at our Anglesea holiday accommodation
- Using water-efficient appliances and fittings and sending less waste to landfill
- Reducing paper purchases by 5% through improved electronic communications and recycling of manuals between holidays
- Maintaining Quality Tourism accreditation status
- Informing, educating and engaging staff to undertake environmental best practice training and to modify behaviour
- Updating our Green Manual annually
- Subscribing to environmental newsletters for up-to-date tips
- Partnering with environmentally friendly suppliers
- Including a visible commitment to sustainability on our website, our office signage and, our newsletter.