From the Great Barrier Reef and its tropical islands to the lush rainforests and World Heritage listed national parks you are about to visit a unique natural environment. Palm-fringed beaches, large granite boulders, hoop pines, sandy beaches, fringing coral reefs, snorkelling adventures and more!
- Depart Melbourne and land directly in Townsville, a large coastal city in north-eastern Queensland
- Explore The Strand Esplanade, with its pier, water park and many popular restaurants
- Relax on the short ferry ride to Magnetic Island; an island paradise of endless sunshine, koalas, hiking trails and topless cars
- Explore the pristine beaches, paddle a kayak or just relax
- Experience the unique wildlife on Magnetic Island when you join an eco-accredited Bungalow Bay Tour. You get the chance to interact and learn about turtles, pythons, wombats, lizards, crocodiles and importantly Magnetic Island’s icon – the koalas
- Once back on the mainland we spend a day exploring Paluma Range National Park, the southern gateway for the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area