Newcastle was once synonymous with industry, with its still working port, surrounded by rich mining country. The city comes to life during Newcastle Jazz festival, where music lovers flock to immerse themselves in bopping jazz beats, a cool surfie vibe and the bohemian arts and café culture.
- Regarded as one of the best jazz festivals in Australia, be entertained for hours by some of the country’s best jazz, traditional, swing, blues, gospel and big bands
- We spend two full days enjoying the music across various venues and then dancing the night away
- Spend the morning at Irukandji, a unique and interactive aquarium where you can experience ocean life in a new and exciting way
- In the Hunter Valley wine region lose yourself in the stunning sights, colours and fragrances of the Hunter Valley Gardens. Stroll through the charming garden village before boarding the train for a tour of the grounds
- Explore the eclectic shops along Darby Street and treat yourself to coffee and cake in one of the hip cafés before checking out the break wall, lighthouse, wharf tower and of course some of Newcastle’s famous surf beaches