Ballarat is world famous as the site of Victoria’s Gold Rush in the 1850s. This holiday offers many exciting experiences with a highlight being the night-time Wonderlights, a colourful festive winter experience.
- Sovereign Hill offers a fascinating experience as we step back in time to the gold rush era of the 1850s. We spend the day exploring the historically recreated township and engaging in some of the many activities available. Gold panning, coach rides and demonstrations of daily life from the era will keep us entertained for hours
- As the sun sets the park transforms into a wonderland of winter lights as the main street comes alive in a burst of colour, music and fluttering snow
- At the interactive Ballarat Wildlife Park we take the opportunity to get up close to some fascinating animals such as dingoes, penguins and meerkats
- Take a leisurely drive to Redbank Alpacas where we observe, pat and feed the alpacas
- Enjoy a relaxing stroll along the shores of Lake Wendouree and wander through the Ballarat Botanic Gardens. Visit the Conservatory and view the marble statues located throughout the gardens